Sunday, August 24, 2014

Mother's Day

SONG:

I taught the children an easy song that they memorized and all sang to their mothers when they came to pick them up the last school day before Mother's Day.  It is sung to the tune of "You are my Sunshine":

Mother's Day Song

You are my mommy
my special mommy
you are the best in
every way.
And that is why I
want to wish you
A Happy Mother's Day!


ART:
We made a booklet for the moms, which served as their card and gift.  I used two pieced of thick scrapbooking paper for the book pages. On the front I mounted a paper that they created a bouquet on.  The "flowers" were their hand prints, and they painting the stems with a small brush and green paint.  I wrote Happy Mother's Day on the front.


On the inside of the book I had each child take a survey about their mother that I found at www.
I also used the grandmother survey you can find at the same link for one of the children who has a grandmother living with them.  After they finished the survey I glued it to the hard paper and stapled the booklet together.  We wrapped them in flowered wrapping paper. 

I also had a chance to take a picture of each child holding a bouquet (of fake flowers) in front of real flowers in my yard. I had them printed at the local drugstore with a cute frame around it that said "happy mother's day" at no additional cost.  I put those pictures inside the booklet also.




No comments:

Post a Comment