Sunday, November 16, 2014

Father's Day

Well I'm finally getting around to posting for Father's Day.  But maybe it will inspire you for next year or if you have a child who would like to make a gift for their father's birthday?

First I took a man's shoe and painted the bottom. I put it onto regular white contsruction paper.  Then after it dried, I painted the child's foot blue and they stepped onto the man's shoe outline.
 I added the words "I'm following in your footsteps" to the top and then Happy Father's Day 2014 was written on the bottom. I trimmed the paper and glued it onto a thick scrap book paper that each child picked out for their dad.  This is going to become the front of the father's day booklet, so I am leaving room on the left to staple it.

On another piece of plain white paper I did a print of their foot in blue again.  When it dried I cut it out and glued it to the back of the thick scrapbook paper. I also typed up the following poem I found online and printed, cut, and glued that onto the page as well.

My footprint is small, but getting bigger everyday
I am learning how to be big by watching you work, love and play.
Remember when your days are long and you can't walk another mile
That this little footprint makes it all worthwhile.

 The second page was a Dad survey that I also found online.  Each child answered the questions and I filled it in for them. We glued that sheet down to another heavy scrapbook paper.
 Once all done the 2 pages were stapled together to make a wonderful booklet for dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment