Saturday, February 7, 2015

Easy Valentine's Day Craft and Gift

This week my preschoolers will be making a Valentine's Day gift for their family.  It is fairly quick and super easy, but best of all it is a craft that shows each child own creativity.
Heart Magnet:

I love to keep the kids using their natural creativity.  The more they can do on their own the better. So I supplied the foam heart and let the kids come up with how to decorate it.

 First, cut out a heart shape on paper or cardboard.  Use that as the template to trace onto the pink foam (or red, purple, whatever color you like).  I am going to have my preschoolers write I (heart) U on the front of their heart.  It will look sweet in their young handwriting, and it's also good practice for their writing.  But before I give the hearts to the kids I glued a magnet onto the back. I use a hot glue gun so that the magnet doesn't fall off.

Next comes a supply of all kinds of fun things.  Red sequins, little puff balls, different shapes and colors of shiny "jewels".  And small foam heart stickers (I forgot to get those in the photo, sorry)
 

Let the kids be creative and glue the different items any way they want. It is a simple craft that comes from their heart and it will become a great keepsake on their parents refrigerators for many years to come. 







No comments:

Post a Comment