Sunday, February 1, 2015

Thanksgiving Crafts for Preschoolers

Since Thanksgiving is during Autumn and we have been talking about fall leaves, etc.  I like the kids to make a GRATITUDE TREE:

I have the child lie their arm down on a brown piece of paper and I trace around their arm and hand.  This becomes the "tree".  Then to keep it a simple craft I give them pre-made fall themed foam stickers.  They can decorate the tree however they would like.  

 Then they dictate to me what they are thankful for and I write each item on each branch.  It can be family members, a certain food, a certain toy, etc.  These are a great keepsake to look back on in the future.




TURKEY CENTERPIECES:
Simple materials - pinecone, feathers, paper, googly eyes.  The children glue together the precut pieces to make the face, then glue on feathers to the pine cone.  A cute thankgsiving turkey to put on the table for the big feast!


No comments:

Post a Comment